Monday, April 7, 2014

HELLO!!

Hello!!! I am still alive! It feels like it has been forever!! Sorry if I don't personally address things you asked me in emails, two weeks of emails was a lot to read through and I'm trying my best to remember everything that has happened! Pictures are worth a thousand words though so I'll send those too (:

So we left the MTC! And I was the travel leader! I was stressed until everyone was actually in the airport. The Elders in my district are amazing. They took such good care of us and were really helpful in getting luggage and humans to the terminal. We took Trax and Frontrunner to the airport and that was exciting. The plane was delayed getting to the terminal which gave us some more time to call home!!! That was the best. But the plane ride was good. When we landed we bumped into some people from BYU-H who were there for a competition and they were all so friendly and it was nice to be greeted by them! Then we got down to baggage claim and met President and Sister Porter!! 

They are so amazing. And the assistants Elder Benavides and Elder Bell are so great. We traveled back to the mission home and stayed there for the night. Dinner has never tasted so good. That food was delicious! We had some meetings downstairs about money and cars as President Porter pulled people out to interview them.

I know without a doubt that one of the reasons I am here in THE GREATER OCM (Ohio Cincinnati Mission is better than the Ohio Colombus Mission) is to work with President and Sister Porter. During that interview, even though it was only a couple of minutes long, I know that that man is called of God. That he loves me and that he would do anything for me and that I am going to be obedient to what he says because I know that he receives revelation from God.

So we stayed there for the night and then went to TRANSFERS in the morning! I was so nervous. I have been praying since the MTC to have a good trainer. To be with someone who is exactly obedient and loves the work. Someone who can teach me how to be the best missionary. And The Lord answers prayers. Sister Benjamin is my companion and trainer. And I love her. She is from Richfield Utah and is actually cousins with McKay Johnson who I know from Westlake and McKay is in Darrick Twede's ward so she knows him too! How crazy! But she is amazing. She teaches me so much each day and we get along so well. She has the most beautiful singing voice and we constantly sing. I love her so much and she is really an answer to my prayers.

I am serving in Muncie Indiana. We live in this little shack/gingerbread house/shoe box. It really is tiny but it is home. The people here are poor and struggle, but they are so humble. Please pray for them. The members, the nonmembers, everyone. Everyone needs those prayers. The members are so dedicated though to missionary work. They feed us well and are excellent cooks. They are so great about last minute splits and really have strong testimonies. I love them so much. And our investigators are amazing too. I am really so blessed with how easy it has been to open my heart to these complete strangers as I learn more about them and as we teach the gospel.

Oh and Conference was amazing. I am with Sister Brown on the fact that President Monson and Elder Bednar brought it home. I know that President Monson is our modern day prophet. Without a doubt. I love that man. We had an investigator watch it with us and that was really awesome! Today we are having District Fun Day. Our district is really awesome!

Well that is what I will cram in here for this week! I'm running out of time and I hope this made some kind of sense! Love you all and you are in my prayers. Missionary work is amazing and I am so thankful every day for the privilege it is to pin Christ's name next to mine on my chest each morning. 

I love it here in Muncie and know that I personally have a work here to do!

Sister Brown II

An Elder who is in Michigan now took this and just sent it to me. He was making fun of me but this is the face that I was known for in the MTC. Gotta love it!

A member made us food. EVERYTHING WAS DYED GREEN BECAUSE I AM A GREENIE WHO IS OUT OF EMAIL TIME. THE END.




No comments:

Post a Comment