Monday, May 26, 2014

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!



I hope everyone is having a fantastic day! We only have 4 hours of pday today and then the other 4 hours on Wednesday because Zone Conference is tomorrow and also because today is a holiday and so many families are going to be home, President asked us to get out and work! We are going to have so many miracles today and I am so stoked! 

Okay so I wanted to share some facts about Muncie, Indiana.

1. Potholes are crazy here. Driving is like Mario Kart on that one level where there are all the holes and you can't fall in them. It makes driving quite exciting. Except Sister Benjamin drives. Power of being a greenie!

2. Screen Doors. Everyone has them. And I feel as though nobody in Utah really did... But it can make knocking on doors a bit of a challenge when they are shut. People also have like inside porches. Those are kind of hard to describe but they also make knocking on doors quite the adventure.

3. Dandelions are your yard. I have never seen so many weeds everywhere in my life. And people just mow over them because there are just so many! Plus nobody needs sprinklers here and there are no brown yards because of the humidity and rain here!

4. This one is my favorite... The Hoosier Goose. Hoosier: pronounced (Who-shur). Indiana people refer to themselves as the Hoosiers. And they have these Goose statues that everyone has. And they dress them up. No joke. They all have holiday outfits and bonnets. They are so rad! Yard statues are big here but not too many gnomes.

So there are some Hoosier facts! I love you all and I hope you have a great week! Share the glad message of the gospel!

Oh! And so our latest progressing investigator is B and she is amazing. She is a dog trainer and she is so prepared. She has strengthened my testimony so much of the hastening of the work. Not only are there more missionaries out serving, but there are people who are literally waiting for the gospel to be shared with them. She is going to be baptized on June 7th! She is just the best and she totally brightens my day.

Sister Brown II

No comments:

Post a Comment